Redirection

Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Joys Of Housekeeping In The Suburbs

The table featured in the picture above was made by my own dear husband whose many talents include making furniture as well:)

I have a confession to make: I'm not much of a gardener! It's not exactly that I have a black thumb, but by some reason plants often seem unable to survive in my care, especially plants in our bedroom. The lack of light seems to be the main reason. When I finally felt obliged to throw away my latest acquisition, I turned to Google in despair and found the Top 10 Hard to Kill House Plants.

So now I'm a happy owner of Crassula Ovata The Hobbit:

Why Hobbit? Why not actually? At least, they didn´t call it The Ork:)  Crassula ovata is also known as jade plant, and is a succulent which comes from South Africa. It requires little water and doesn´t need much sunlight, either. If you want to know more about it, here is the Wiki link.

In other news, I needed some paper liners for muffin cups, and that´s what I got:

Aren´t they cute? I like them more than the plain white ones. With constant darkness outside (the weather around here at the moment is rather awful), you surely appreciate something bright in your kitchen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment